High School to College Program
What is your Christian calling and future career?
Study God’s Word in a Christian environment or online at an accredited college with highly qualified professors who love Jesus.
With Austin Graduate School of Theology’s High School to College program, eligible high school students can get a jumpstart on college before they ever graduate from high school. In this program, students will earn college credits at a great price that can be applied toward a future degree with Austin Grad or may transferred to another university of their choosing.
Austin Grad is accredited by the same agency that accredits Abilene Christian University, Baylor University, Southern Methodist University, Texas A&M University, The University of Texas, and many others.
Standard tuition is $350 per credit hour or $1,050/course. However, students in the High School to College program will only pay $65/hour or $195/course. Tech, campus use, and online fees are not included in tuition and still apply.
The Spring 2017 courses for-credit include:
- ENG2323 - The Romantic Period: God, Evil, and Mankind in 18th Century British Literature
- CS4363 - Christian Encounters with Other Cultures
- CS3350 - Research & Writing in Theology
- Stay tuned for more courses being added for high school students
The Fall 2016 courses for-credit include:
- Mondays/Wednesdays from 9-10:15 a.m. The Greatest Story Ever Told: An Introduction to the Bible as Literature - Dr. Hall
- Tuesdays/Thursdays from 5:30-6:45 p.m. Composition Skills or Literature - Mrs. Bond
- Tuesdays from 1-3 :40 p.m. Jesus and the Gospels - Dr. McNicol
- Thursdays from 7-9:40 p.m. Research & Writing in Theology - Dr. Hall
- ONLINE August 24 - October 16 The Church's Faith - Dr. Kinder
- ONLINE August 24 - October 16 Elementary New Testament Greek 1 - Dr. Peterson
- ONLINE October 17 - December 11 Elementary New Testament Greek 2 - Dr. Peterson
Students wishing to receive college credit through the “High School To College” program must:
- Be high school students in their junior or senior year and at least 15 years or older
- Complete this registration form, which requires the signature of a parent or guardian and a counselor or teacher, and then mail or email it to Austin Grad’s Registrar Dawn Bond at email@example.com
- Submit a half page essay to Registrar Dawn Bond (firstname.lastname@example.org) stating his/her recognition that this is a college-level course requiring independent study and his/her commitment to that study
- Purchase books and supplies through Austin Grad’s bookstore or on your own
- Register for no more than two undergraduate courses per semester
EXTRA PERK: Receive One Free Audit Registration!
For a limited time only, each family that registers their high school student in one (for-credit) course will receive one free audit registration (valued at $75/course) for another family member or friend 18 years of age or older to use for the Summer or Fall 2015 semester. Only on-campus courses may be audited.
In other words, when your daughter or son registers for one of the above credit courses, you will be given one free audit registration to use for yourself or share with another person in your family or community.
As an auditor, you get access to all materials, discussions, and homework without the stress and worry of exams or grades. Auditing is a wonderful opportunity for people to participate in a deep, focused study of God’s word.
Give the gift of Christian education to your family and others. Enter your name and details below.