What is your Christian calling and future career?
Get a jump start on your college education at a fully accredited college, learning in a Christian environment with highly-qualified professors!
With Austin Graduate School of Theology’s High School to College program, eligible high school students can earn college credits at a greatly reduced price that can be applied toward a future degree with Austin Grad or that may be transferred to another university of their choosing.
Accreditation information can be found here: AGST Accreditation
Standard undergraduate tuition and fees are currently $1,225 for one on-campus course. However, eligible high school students can take an on-campus course for only $370 or an online course for only $595 (a more than 60% savings!).
Summer 2018 courses and descriptions:
Faith and Reason: Philosophy of Religion* - June 25-29th, 9 am -6 pm with Dr. Stanglin
Popular culture asserts that faith and reason are incompatible, and that anyone with faith must be irrational. Is this true? In a culture that is increasingly hostile to faith, Christian disciples should be prepared to give an intelligible account of their faith.
Sometimes Christians are discouraged from acknowledging the puzzles or asking the tough questions. But the Christian community ought to be a safe place for such discussions, and informed believers must be ready to handle some of the difficult questions raised by the faithful about their faith.
This course will take up topics related to God and Christian faith from a philosophical perspective. It will provide resources for better understanding and tools for intellectually responsible engagement with the issues.
*This intensive course packs a semester's worth of content into one week. Readings and some assignments must be complete prior to the class meeting, and other assignments will be due after the week of class.
ONLINE - Paul and His Letters - May 29 - July 23, with Dr. Hall
The Apostle Paul stands as one of the central figures in Western history, and his writings have influenced the thinking of the Christian world for millennia. This course will focus on Paul's role in the development of early Christianity. We will study Paul’s background, his conversion, and details of his Christian missionary work especially noting his central role in shaping the doctrine and thought of early Gentile Christianity.
Students wishing to enroll in a college course through the “High School To College” program must:
- Be high school students in their junior or senior years and at least 15 years or older
- Complete this registration form, which requires the signature of a parent or guardian and then mail or email it to Austin Grad’s Registrar Dawn Bond at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit a half page essay stating his/her recognition that this is a college-level course requiring independent study and his/her commitment to that study
- Submit an example of a recent written work for evaluation
- Provide a list of three references (including no more than one family member) that can confirm the applicant’s readiness for college work – this list should include name, title/occupation, email, phone number, and relationship to applicant
- Purchase books and supplies through Austin Grad’s bookstore or on your own
- Register for no more than two undergraduate courses per semester
*Please note that Austin Grad reserves the right to limit the number of high school registrants in any one course.