Homeschool to College Program
Study God’s Word in a Christian environment or online at an accredited college with highly qualified professors who love Jesus.
You can earn college credit at a discounted rate before you graduate through Austin Graduate School of Theology’s “Homeschool To College” program.
The credits you earn may be applied to a degree at Austin Graduate School of Theology (Austin Grad), or you may transfer them to another university to pursue your education.
Austin Graduate School of Theology is accredited by the same agency that accredits Austin Community College, Baylor University, Southern Methodist University, Texas A&M University, Texas State University, and the University of Texas.
Normally, tuition is $350 per credit hour or $1,050/course, but it is now available for eligible homeschool students for just $65/hour or $195/course.
The Spring 2017 courses for-credit include:
- ENG2323 - The Romantic Period: God, Evil, and Mankind in 18th Century British Literature
- CS4363 - Christian Encounters with Other Cultures
- CS3350 - Research & Writing in Theology
- Stay tuned for more courses being added for high school students
The Fall 2016 courses for-credit include:
- Mondays/Wednesdays from 9-10:15 a.m. The Greatest Story Ever Told: An Introduction to the Bible as Literature - Dr. Hall
- Tuesdays/Thursdays from 5:30-6:45 p.m. Composition Skills or Literature - Mrs. Bond
- Tuesdays from 1-3 :40 p.m. Jesus and the Gospels - Dr. McNicol
- Thursdays from 7-9:40 p.m. Research & Writing in Theology - Dr. Hall
- ONLINE August 24 - October 16 The Church's Faith - Dr. Kinder
- ONLINE August 24 - October 16 Elementary New Testament Greek 1 - Dr. Peterson
- ONLINE October 17 - December 11 Elementary New Testament Greek 2 - Dr. Peterson
Students wishing to receive college credit through the “Homeschool To College” program must:
- Be home school students in their junior or senior years and at least 15 years or older
- Complete this registration form, which requires the signature of a parent or guardian and then mail or email it to Austin Grad’s Registrar Dawn Bond at email@example.com
- Submit a half page essay stating his/her recognition that this is a college-level course requiring independent study and his/her commitment to that study
- Submit an example of a recent written work for evaluation
- Provide a list of three references (including no more than one family member) that can confirm the applicant’s readiness for college work – this list should include name, title/occupation, email, phone number, and relationship to applicant
- Purchase books and supplies through Austin Grad’s bookstore or on your own
- Register for no more than two undergraduate courses per semester
Submit all documents to Registrar Dawn Bond at firstname.lastname@example.org
EXTRA PERK: Receive One Free Audit Registration!
For a limited time only, each family that registers their homeschool student in one (for-credit) course will receive one free audit registration (valued at $75/course) for another family member or friend 15 years of age or older to use for the Spring 2015 semester.
In other words, when your homeschool daughter or son registers for NT3321 Paul and His Letters (or another approved course above) for credit, you are credited one free audit registration to use for yourself to join them in class or to dole out to another person in your family or community to enjoy a course of their choosing.
As an auditor, you get access to all the on-campus classes, materials, discussion, and homework without the requirement to take the exams because it isn’t for credit or for a grade. Auditing is a wonderful opportunity for people to continue their learning of the ancient Word of God in a very-focused, deep study for an entire semester.
Give the gift of Christian education to your family and others. Enter your name and details below.